Baked Spinach Mushroom Omelet and Shepard's Pie

Baked Spinach and Mushroom Omelet (354 calories)

This morning Jarrod and I went to the gym when we got up around 8:30 a.m.  We did 40 minutes on the elliptical and headed home.  When I got home, I decided to use the extra spinach and mushrooms I bought to make a baked omelet.  I love going to Becky's Diner in Portland and getting a similar omelet that they make...  but I'm sure my omelet had less calories ;). 

Baked Spinach and Mushroom Omelet

10 eggs
1/3 cup of 2% milk
salt and pepper

Whisk ingredients and set aside in a bowl.

1 package of mushrooms
1 package of pre washed spinach (was only $1 a bag at Shaws this week!)
1/2 cup mozzerella
4 tbsp half and half
2 tbsp butter

Melt butter in a skillet and add the mushrooms...
When cooked, add spinach to the pan...

let the spinach reduce and cook

Add 4 tbsp of half and half and let cook for 3-5 minutes.  Add salt and pepper.
When finished add mixture to a small baking dish.  Add egg mixture, and then add cheese.

Bake in a 375 oven until done. 
When I first checked mine, the middle had a little moisture, so I stuck it back in for a few more minutes, just cut into the middle to check.

We had ours with an english muffin and some fruit.

See, I even used butter and the calories for the omelet only came to 354!  The recipe made 4 servings.

Today I did some Wii Fit, I was trying to beat my score at the balance bubble game, but I can't seem to get it, I guess I don't have good balance.  I also did some of the yoga...and the aerobic stepping game (don't remember what they call it).
We watched some football today (I wanted the Ravens to win and Jarrod wanted the chiefs.... I won!), and Jarrod's parents came over for a visit. 

After that I started supper.  Tonight was Shepard's Pie!  I got to use my new food mill that Jarrod's parents got me for Christmas!  It made more of a potato puree because I used the smaller grinder but it came out really good!  :)  I've added the recipe below....

Pumpkinhead Shepard's Pie

8 cups of potato cooked and mashed with...
4 tbsp butter
3/4 cup 2% milk

2 packages of Jennie-O Ground Turkey
1 bottle of Shipyard Pumpkinhead
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp oregano
salt and pepper

2 Packages of Frozen Peas and Carrots (Steamed)
1 Can of Sweet Corn

1/2 cup Reduced Fat Mexican Cheese (Sargento)

I cooked the Turkey until brown and added half of the bottle of beer, and let reduce, then added the next half and cooked all of the liquid off, adding salt and pepper to taste.  I also added 1/2 tsp of cumin and 1/2 tsp of oregano.

I took a 9x13 pan and added the turkey to the bottom.  I then spread 1 can of sweet corn evenly over the turkey.  I then added the Peas and Carrots that I had steamed. I baked in a 375 oven for 20 minutes.  I then added the cheese to the top, and broiled until bubbly. 

8 servings at 484 calories per serving!  :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuffed Mushrooms and Grape Salad

Laptop is back up and running...

Pork Stir Fry with Brown Rice