New Chicken Recipe = Yummy!

I get so sick of plain old chicken... every time I bake it, somehow it's too bland or I cook it too long and it gets dry... it's probably because I cook it too often.   This should mean that I get better and better at it, but the problem is, I don't like just plain baked chicken breast.  Now, if it were summertime, and not a bunch of snow out on my grill... I wouldn't mind eating my husband's grilled chicken every night.  For some reason, he just has the knack for it.  Mmmm, can taste it now. 
Anyhoo, I was on the Cooking Light website the other day when I was making my menu for the week... knew I had a bunch of chicken breast in the freezer, and brousing the chicken recipes when I came across this one...

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=50400000109612

It's called Chicken Cutlets with Creamy Dijon Sauce...  I love anything mustardy...  my mom taught me to add plain mustard to my plain rice as a child for flavor... and now even my husband does it... so Creamy Dijon on chicken sounded right up my alley...

Here is the recipe

Yield: 4 Servings

4 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
3 tablespoons chopped shallots (I just used regular onion)
1/2 cup fat free low sodium chicken broth
1 rosemary sprig
3 tablespoons whipping cream (I used half and half)
2 teaspoons dijon mustard

Place chicken breast halves between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to 1/2 inch thickness.  Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.  Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.  Add olive oil to pan.  Add chicken, saute 3 minutes on each side of until done.  (I ended sauting them for 3 minutes on both sides... they were still around 139 degrees, so I put them in the oven to finish... but I don't think I pounded them enough, so you may not have the same problem).  Transver to a serving platter.  Add shallots to pan; saute for 2 minutes.  Stir in chicken broth and rosemary sprig; bring to a boil.  Cook 2 minutes.  Stir in whipping cream; cook 2 minutes.  Remove from heat and discard rosemary.  Stir in Dijon Mustard.  Spoon over chicken. 

I served this with some sweet potatoes (3) and cauliflower (2 heads) that I mixed with fresh chopped rosemary, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and salt and pepper on a baking sheet at 375 until tender and roasted. 

Hmmm, I bet that dijon sauce would be great with some brown rice ;).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuffed Mushrooms and Grape Salad

Laptop is back up and running...

Pork Stir Fry with Brown Rice