Shaws Adventures

So tonight I head to Shaws for the last day of this week's sale.  Or so I thought.  Last Saturday I got a great deal on Jennie-O ground turkey and stocked up.  Grant it, I still have 2 in my freezer, but I knew that I was going to need a bunch for this weekend.  I'm making the Cincinnati Chili (without the spaghetti) for Sunday's Woodbury Christmas (Jarrod's mom's side of the family) and Football later that afternoon.  I get to Shaws and there's ONE package.  The deal last Saturday was buy 1 get 1 free... so if I bought this last one, I didn't have any free.  I was discouraged and left the meat aisle.  I then wandered over to the organic frozen section, and was tempted to buy some vita tops.  I haven't bought them before but Hungry Girl says they're amazing.  I pulled them out, looked at the nutrition, was about to put them in my cart, scanned back at the price, and did a "whaaaaaat"(think Dispicable Me) and put them back in the freezer.  I am not paying $5 for 4 muffin tops, 100 calories or not, I can make my own.  Ok, I don't enjoy making my own (i'm not a baker if you haven't noticed... not one baked recipe this year, and one last year that was banana bread, how easy is banana bread?).  So I was discouraged again, and headed to the baking aisle to see if I could find some agave nectar.  No luck once again.  However, I headed down the canned fruit aisle and found small fruit cups of peaches and pears with no sugar added on sale, that have only 25 or 40 calories each!  :)  So, that's all I bought at Shaws today. 

I also stopped at Kohls tonight to look for a Yankee Swap gift, but didn't find anything that I liked that was in the price range.  But I did find a new hair dryer that was priced at 19.99 and some Gloria Jeans Butter Toffee K Cups for 9.99....  when I went to the register, they asked if I had a Kohls card (I don't, but I tell them I do, so I dont get the schpeel) and they took 30% off my entire order (that's $9 off, people!).  So, Kohl's made me happy, I was just sad that I hadn't picked up the item that was a little more than the price range for the yankee swap, with 30% off, it would have been within the price range.  Oh well.

Today, I have luckily stayed within my calories!!!  :)  Two meals of pasta is not easy on a girl trying to lose weight!  But my pasta was pretty healthy... still trying to get through all the regular pasta so I can buy some whole wheat kinds.  Here's what I made tonight...

Sausage, Tomato, and Olive Small Shell Pasta!

3 cups uncooked small shell pasta, cooked to package directions
4 italian sausage links, cut into pieces and fried
2 cans of diced tomatoes
25 green olives
5 tbsp pesto
1 tbsp italian seasoning
1 tsp basil
4 tbsp parmesan
salt and pepper

Simple, yet yummilicious!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuffed Mushrooms and Grape Salad

Laptop is back up and running...

Pork Stir Fry with Brown Rice