Weigh In Wednesday (2)

Today was a snow day for me.  I did not go to work because of the crazy snow in the morning. We have gotten over a foot here in Westbrook, and luckily it wasn't too heavy when I was shoveling.  I spent the entire day cleaning, shoveling, and cooking.  I ended up sitting down to relax around 7pm.  So even though it was a day off from work, it wasn't totally a day off... and I believe this has to do with the extra energy I have from the exercise I've been getting in and the healthy foods that I've been eating.  Before I would have gone right back to bed, and just watched movies, and I would have felt lousy.  The only time I felt lousy today, was when I overdid it shoveling and my heart rate was probably too high.  But I stopped, went inside and relaxed.  I did a lot of dusting/decluttering today, no real heavy, heavy cleaning. It's so nice to have a nice clean house!!!  :)   Hopefully it can stay this way!  I just need to attack my craft room soon in anticipation of my next big craft project that I will not mention on here in case the person who will be receiving the project sees this!!!  But I will definitely share in the future! 

Today, being Wednesday, was Weigh In Wednesday!!!  Total weight lost for this week was 4.8 pounds for me and 6.6 pounds for Jarrod!  Congrats to us, we must be doing something right!  :) 

For dinner tonight, I baked haddock in a panko bread crumb, with faux steak fries, and a salad. 

Panko Baked Haddock
6 (3-4 oz) portions of haddock
1/4 cup flour
3 eggs beaten
1 cup panko crumbs
salt, pepper, and italian seasoning to season panko and flour.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Portion your haddock if not already cut.  Dip each piece in seasoned flour, then egg wash, then seasoned panko, and place on a presprayed baking sheet.  Do this to the remaining pieces of haddock.

Place in the oven and cook until your digital thermometor reads at least 140 degrees internal temperature.  (I ended up cooking mine too long, was playing on facebook, so mine went to 160 and still tasted moist and yummy!)

Faux Steak Fries

3 Potatoes Cut into strips
salt
cayenne pepper
olive oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, start a pot of water to boil, and fill a large bowl with ice and water.
I cut three red medium red potatoes into strips (like steak fries but not the huge steak fries), I put them in boiling water to blanche them (3-4 minutes), then put them straight in the ice water to stop them from cooking.  I then put them on paper towel to dry.  After I transferred them to a presprayed baking sheet, and layered them in a single layer.  Sprinkle of salt and sprinkle of cayenne pepper, and a teensy tiny drizzle of olive oil.  I then put them in the oven until browned.  Some of the thinner pieces came out nice and crispy like a chip, while the thicker ones were still crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.  Depending on how you like your fries, I'd keep an eye on even cut and on how long you keep them in the oven. 

Served with my Fish and Chips, was a salad. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuffed Mushrooms and Grape Salad

Laptop is back up and running...

Pork Stir Fry with Brown Rice