Yep, I cooked! ;)

Squint your eyes and look closely, under those green beans are some fiddleheads... no it's not fiddlehead season yet, but I was lucky enough to have family who picked some for me last year and still had some in my freezer!  Yum!  :)  Can't wait for the warmer weather to come along so we can eat some yummy fresh ones! 

The above meal I made this week... Baked Split Chicken Breast with some Indian Seasoning (Cumin, Curry Powder, Garlic, Basil, salt and pepper), and some Brown Basmati Rice that I cooked in the rice cooker with the same seasonings.  Yum!  Made enough to have this meal twice.. but with different veggies the next night. 

On Wednesday, in honor of Ash Wednesday, I took some haddock from the freezer that I bought a couple weeks ago at the fish place.  I wasn't sure what I was going to make with it, but headed to Shaws to find something yummy... on my way, I thought of what I had eaten last Wednesday (THAI food with my best friend) and thought, hmmm, fish curry may be yummy!  So that's what I did.  I bought some lite coconut milk, green curry paste, fish sauce, veggies, and voila!  I served the curry with a side of brown rice that I cooked in vegetable stock and scallions.  Very good!  Will be my lunch tomorrow! I love leftovers!
Tonight was Spaghetti night!  Totally fooled my brain with some yummy spaghetti squash with a yummy ground turkey/mushroom/pesto/ragu sauce!  I saw on hungry girl the other week that she combined spaghetti squash and regular spaghetti to add more bulk to a meal to have more food but less calories.  Let me tell you, 2 cups of spaghetti squash at 84 calories...  I could have had seconds with just the squash ;).  My sauce was about 250 calories in a cup... so yummy!  Will have to try my cincinnati chili with some spaghetti squash sometime!  :)


Jarrod may kill me for posting the above picture but I love it!  :)  haha

Speaking of my hunny, Wednesday Weigh In this week was another success for both of us.  My hubby lost 2 lbs and I lost 3.2 lbs!  :)  I'm over half way to my March goal of losing 14 lbs, and my total weight loss so far is 64 lbs!  :)  My Hubby just hit the over 70 lbs lost mark!  He's almost at 75 lbs lost, such an accomplishment!  I'm so proud of him!  I couldn't imagine trying to do this without him.  If I had a husband who didn't want to eat all of this low calorie food, and was eating crap in front of me, I'd probalby have given in a long time ago.  Instead, my husband gets excited for our "spaghetti night" and says he loves it!  Definitely makes me happy to make yummy healthy food for us.


Comments

  1. I so agree about a supportive spouse. On my own, I eat decently. But Ram is much stricter about his food intake-- and it's a HUGE motivation for me. :) It's a lot easier with a team mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely... if one of us is off, we somehow usually counterbalance to get back on track. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A supportive husband can definitely make a difference! My husband is very supportive in my healthy ventures..yet chooses to not partake lol He is good however at hiding his "other food" and doesn't eat in front of me...thank goodness!!!Keep up the great work Cathy I enjoy reading your posts and love the recipes! Im gonna try the spaghetti squash thing! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness he hides his other food ;). When Jarrod "cheats", he doesn't do so well at hiding, and I usually partake. The spaghetti squash is so yummy! If too much squash, hungry girl mixed half squash/half spaghetti. Haven't tried it, but it sounded good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stuffed Mushrooms and Grape Salad

Laptop is back up and running...

Pork Stir Fry with Brown Rice