Pork Stir Fry with Brown Rice

Today I actually took out the camera while cooking dinner so that I could post some pictures on my blog of the meal I was making.  Tonight I made Pork Stir Fry with Brown Rice.  Recipe Below...

3 cups brown rice (rice cooker measuring cup which is smaller than a regular cup) w/ 4.5 rice cooker cups of water and a tsp of chicken bouilon paste.
4 boneless pork chops cut into cubes
1/4 cup of stir fry sauce
2 bags of Frozen Stir Fry Veggies
1/2 bag of Frozen Corn

I first started the rice in the rice cooker.  May I just say that I used to HATE cooking rice, I always messed it up on the stovetop... however, rice in the rice cooker is fool proof.  It's so easy, set it and forget it!  And Brown Rice is pretty good for you.  :)  I decided to add some of the chicken bouilon to give the rice a little flavor, you could also have added chicken broth instead of water to the rice cooker for flavor.  The book that the rice cooker comes with mentions adding olive oil... but I didn't want that many extra added calories to the meal.

I then cut up the pork into cubes.
And cooked them over high heat for a few minutes, I lowered the heat and added some stir fry sauce.
I set aside the pork in a bowl, and put the frozen veggies in the pan.

When the vegetables were cooked, I added some more of the stir fry sauce and the pork back into the pan, and covered until the rice was done.



And the finished product was delicious!!!!  And it looked pretty!

Today was an especially hard day at work for my diet.  My supervisor brought in BREAKFAST PIZZA!!!!  I LOVE BREAKFAST PIZZA.  But did i have any, no... and I smelled it allllll morning.  I'm really suprised that I didn't give into my craving for it.  Then in the lunchroom today, they had bagels with cream cheese, fresh bread and sandwich meats and salads...  but I stuck to my healthy chicken salad on 35 calorie bread.  It was tempting though.  I think going to the gym in the morning (35 minutes today) and already making my mind up by getting up and starting my day in a healthy way, that I don't want to sabotage my entire day by eating crap.  Not that Breakfast Pizza is crap...but I really couldn't afford those calories today.  I also drank 13 glasses of water today.  I read somewhere that you're supposed to drink 1/2 of your body weight in water.  I didn't quite make mine, but I already felt pretty drowned today.  Although I am starting to feel parched, maybe I'll go for 14 ;). 

Comments

  1. mmmm.....that looks good! I will have to try that since the rest of the family is getting a little carb deprived, brown rice is the way to go! Your blog is awesome and if u are a little like me it totally helps being able to share your day, Ideas and just general thoughts just to keep yourself going. Will be looking for more, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gretchen!!! I enjoy reading your blogs in MFP as well! It definitely keeps me more accountable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stuffed Mushrooms and Grape Salad

Laptop is back up and running...