The past week...


Deidre's Birthday was Sunday, and I made her a new apron!  I got the sewing machine out that Sally gave me, and did it in only 3 nights!  :)  I got the kit from Mardens... I really did this last week, but couldn't post the picture until Deidre had gotten her gift in the mail, in case she read my blog.  Super cute!!!



For dinners this week, we had a bunch of yummy things, but didn't make too many new recipes.  On Wednesday I did make the Mushroom Cheese stuffed chicken, which was yummy, but not the funnest to make.  They suggested I cut a slit in the chicken and stuff it that way, but it was such a pain to bread, everything was falling out, so I suggest that you pound the chicken flat, stuff the chicken, roll the chicken, THEN bread the chicken.  Here is the recipe from cooking light...



Serve with 3 cups cooked egg noodles tossed with 2 tablespoons butter and green onions.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 stuffed breast half)
Ingredients

2 (1-ounce) slices white bread, torn
Cooking spray
1/4 cup chopped green onions
8 ounces presliced mushrooms
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon olive oil

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Pulse bread in a food processor to form fine crumbs. Place in a dish.
3. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onions and mushrooms; sauté 10 minutes. Stir in thyme and garlic. Cool mixture 10 minutes; stir in cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.

4. Cut a slit through thickest portion of each breast half to form a pocket. Stuff each with 1/4 cup mushroom mixture. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish. Place eggs in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour. Dip in eggs; dredge in breadcrumbs.
5. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Place pan in oven. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°.
Last night I made pizzas!!!  I used 60 calorie (joseph's wheat/ flax) pitas, with mini turkey pepperoni, peppers, mushrooms, and reduced fat mozz.  They were delicious!  They were only 190 calories each!

This morning I had extra pitas, so I made myself some breakfast pitas...


Ham, 1.5 scrambled egg each, and reduced fat mexican cheese.  Yum!

Tonight I decided to try to make some squash fries, but they didn't get crispy and I was a bit dissapointed.  They did still taste good.  I parboiled them (2 minutes), put them in ice water, and then patted them dry.  I baked them at 375 for about 30 minutes, seasoned with a dash of olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper, and then flash broiled them to attempt some crispiness.  It was pretty crowded on the pan, which is probably why they didn't crisp up... I dont think I needed to even parboil.

I served the squash with a jennie o turkey burger that I served on top of sauteed carrots, onion, bean sprouts, and colelaw mix (that I mixed with a thai peanut sauce) and some chopped peanuts.  Yum!



This week on Wednesday Weigh In, I lost 3.2 lbs and Jarrod lost 3.6 lbs! 
The total weight loss for January is Cathy: 14.2 and Jarrod: 22.4. 
Total weight loss from last year, Cathy: 51 lbs, Jarrod: 55 lbs!   

One Meal at a Time...  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuffed Mushrooms and Grape Salad

Laptop is back up and running...

Pork Stir Fry with Brown Rice