Taco Night!

Tonight was Taco Night

Tuesday is Taco Night... ok, not sure if it will become a tradition or not, but sounded good for tonight!!! :) 

I've made these Tacos before and every time they come out delicious.  I took the trick of grilling the tortilla and adding cheese and meat and covering until melted from Loco Baja Grill (formerly Costa Vida) and the place that is no longer :(.    It was probably our favorite restaurant and we would get a salad there at least once a week.  I miss it very much, so I must substite with my own mexican, which sometiems can be almost as good ;).  Chipotle Grill just opened up in South Portland, but it really isn't the same.  I was disappointed when we went a couple of weeks ago.  It might have been the fact that we waited in line for about 40 minutes, there was no room to sit, so we had to bring it home to eat, but probably most importantly was that the salad was small, and we had to ask for the tortilla on the bottom... silly, chipotle, don't you know how to make a salad!?

Anyway, back to the meal at hand.  There are these AMAZING tortillas that are only 80 calories!!!  Top it with ground chicken seasoned with taco seasoning, some reduced fat mexican cheese, lettuce and tomato, and you have a party in your mouth!!! :)  Wish Margaritas didn't have so many calories, or I would have paired one with this meal!


These are the 80 calorie tortillas, yum!!!


Ground Chicken Seasoned with Taco Seasoning Mix :)

Tortilla grilled with cheese and chicken, covered until melty...

I put my tacos in individual alluminum foil to stay warm while I'm making the others, and stick them in the oven on warm.  Yum!!!  :)

You could add anything you want to these tacos, I didn't end up buying avocados, but if I had, guacamole would have definitely been on top of these!

Last night, we had steak, sweet potato, and spinach.  I seared the steak on both sides and stuck them in the oven to finish cooking, they were still pink and juicy when they came out, yum!  I topped my spinach with the balsamic vinaigrette dressing spray you can buy from Ken's (I believe)... :)

Exercise today was 30 minutes on the elliptical this morning and 30 minutes on the Wii Fit tonight.  Yesterday, I did 30 minutes on the bike and 40 minutes on the Wii Fit.  Tomorrow is Weigh In Wednesday, hoping to have lost some more weight!  Today I went over my daily calories and went into my exercise calories, something I've been trying not to do...  hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Today is my mom's birthday, and I just want to shout out a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to her! Love you, Mom!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuffed Mushrooms and Grape Salad

Laptop is back up and running...

Pork Stir Fry with Brown Rice