New Years Resolutions


Okay People, I'm Back!  This blog is one of my New Years Resolutions to help with the Number One Resolution of WEIGHT LOSS!  I did so good last year, lost over 50 pounds... then I pulled a calf muscle, summer came and it was too hot to go to the gym and so busy all the time, and finally complete and utter diet disaster set in.  I gained 17 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Argh!  Ooopsy... it's just going to take a little longer to take off the weight, but that's ok, I CAN DO IT!  But can we just say, NO MORE EXCUSES!  I did hit a wall in May for my weight loss that was pretty hard too, no matter what I was doing, I wasn't losing weight, and I got pretty discouraged, so any advice for these times to come would be extremely helpful. 

So the plan is to get up early every morning to go to the gym for an hour.  I'm starting out slow right now, only doing a half hour this week so I can get used to it again.  When I do too much at once, I sometimes give up, so I know this about myself and am starting out slow.  Calorie counting is back on myfitnesspal.com  It's free to use, I have it on my phone, and I can log in at work to count my calories.  They also have a very cool recipe maker that you can plug in all kinds of ingredients for a recipe and it tells you how many calories.  Which is super helpful when trying to plan meals.  I have the meal planner page out for the week, breakfast, lunch and dinner!  Hoping this will help when grocery shopping so I dont buy things I'm not going to use, if I run out of something, I can just go to the store.  Healthy groceries are expensive!!! 

So far this week, I have made a baked omelet we had sunday for breakfast with enough for breakfast on Monday.  Sausage Spaghetti with salad on Sunday, with Salad leftover for lunch on Monday.  Tonight I made a beef roast in the crockpot with potatoes and carrots.  The leftover beef will be made into a taco salad tomorrow.  Tuna Salad sandwiches for tomorrow are already made, and breakfast of Jimmy Dean D'Lights and yogurt is already in the fridge waiting to go to work with us.  Hopefully Jarrod and I won't get bored with the healthy food if I can switch it up enough.  So tonight, I've been looking up some healthy recipes on eatingwell.com, cookinglight.com, and eatbetteramerica.com.  There are so many options out there, especially healthier versions of foods I already love.

Unfortunately though, I don't think my new favorite ice cream will fit into my diet (ben and jerry's peanut brittle ice cream), but maybe someday I'll have enough willpower to buy one and only eat a spoonful everyday .  For now, the whole quart would still get eaten. 

So here's to a Happy New Year to all of my family and friends, hoping that whatever your resolution is, that you can stick to it for a healthier and/or happier you!!!  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuffed Mushrooms and Grape Salad

Laptop is back up and running...

Pork Stir Fry with Brown Rice