Laptop is back up and running...

I need to stop taking these long breaks from my Blog!

Ok, so this long stint away from my blog was not entirely my fault.  Our laptop had been acting funny for a little while and then got completely taken over by a virus.  Luckily, my cousin got it running again and it seems to be doing just fine.  Therefore some of the pictures of yummy food did not make it up on this blog.  Plus you got to skip my last few weeks of weigh ins... I didn't lose any weight the week before last, and last week I gained a little over a pound.  Time to get back to it!  I set a goal for March of losing 14 pounds.  Not sure if I can do it, but worth a shot!  :) 

First off, I'd like to share a picture of some of the beautiful Gerbera daisies that my hubby got me for Valentine's Day, aren't they beautiful!  I'm such a lucky girl!


Speaking of my hubby, here's a picture of him in the new Superman shirt I got him for Valentine's Day before our night out at Frog and Turtle!  Yum! 


And here's one of me in my new shirt and my goal jeans that have never fit!  :)  Woot!


And my Whole Foods find of the week, 20 calorie biscottis!  A little hard, but perfect with a cup of coffee in the am!


Zoey posed for the camera, so I had to post this pic of her in her new purple jacket.  She has skin allergies and we had to have her wear "the cone of shame" a lot, but she doesn't seem to lick when she's styling in some fashion! 


And Mr. Blue Eyes, Alexzander on the soft fluffy blanky!


Alright, enough pictures for a bit let me share a yummy find that I found for my Valentine's Day dinner with my hubby!  I got some wonton wrappers, which are surprisingly not too bad in calories.  I fried up some broccoli slaw with shrimp and some thai peanut sauce and made some thai egg rolls, shown below!  Baked instead of fried!  Yum!  I served them with some sweet chili sauce!




I also made some little wonton cups in my mini muffin pan and filled them with a mushroom cream sauce that I made.  I sauteed some mushrooms in butter until tender.  I added some wine and reduced.  Then added some flour to make a roux.  After cooking a few minutes, I added a few tablespoons half and half and some unsweetened almond milk until I got the consistency that I wanted.  I added some salt, pepper, and fresh basil.  Filled each wonton with the mushroom sauce.  Yum!

I also made some mussels.  Who can beat 2.50 per pound for mussels!  I sauteed some onions in a pan with some butter and added enough wine to steam the mussels.  Cook till open!

And last but not least, some haddock with steamed asparagus. 

Warning the next picture is not on the diet, and probably one of the reasons for no weight loss that week.

They are from Whole Foods, I couldn't resist, look how cute they are!


See how happy Jarrod was about dinner!  ;) 

Just another pic of me that was on the camera.

The snow is all the way up to the deck... Zoey decided she didn't need to use the stairs. 


Jarrod wanted a picture of me with ALL the animals for work, but as you can see the cats didn't like that idea, so it's just me and the dogs.  Mocha doesn't like to pose for the camera, she almost left with the cats ;). 

I can't believe that February is almost over.  Total weight loss for February for me was only a little over 4 lbs.  So my 14 lb goal is huge for next month.  I did 90 minutes at the gym on Saturday and Jarrod and I went for a half hour today (Sunday)... so hopefully I'll start losing some more!  I just read on facebook that one of my coworkers just won her Biggest Loser challenge she was doing with a bunch of people.  Very motivating to see other people reaching their goals and doing so well, and far from the start date of resolutions, almost 2 months ago. 

One Meal at a Time....

Comments

  1. Can I just say that I REALLY like your blogs; they're awesome, and your recipes look great! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stuffed Mushrooms and Grape Salad

Pork Stir Fry with Brown Rice