Pepperoni and Mushroom Low Cal Pizza- Only 173 calories per slice!

January 18th, 2010

I had the day off today in honor of Martin Luther King Jr.  I spent most of the day snowed in, afraid to go out on the roads, which meant no gym for me.  I went outside and shoveled the foot of snow from the deck and some of the backyard for the dogs.  I also played about 45 minutes of Wii Sports (hardly counts as real exercise, but at least I was moving). 

Even with the whole day off, I didn't plan too far ahead for dinner, as I knew that I had Boboli Wheat Pizza Crust in the fridge!  I looked everywhere for some pizza sauce, but I couldn't find any, so I made something a little different. 

Pepperoni and Mushroom Low Cal Pizza

Boboli Wheat Pizza Crust
Pesto Sauce (2 Tsp)
1 Tomato
Turkey Pepperoni (17 pieces)
1/2 cup canned mushrooms
1/2 cup mozzerella
2 Tbsp Parmesan

I spread the Pesto Sauce over the crust.  Sliced the Tomato really thin and spread it over the crust, then I added the rest of the toppings.  I baked at 400 degrees for about 10-12 minutes.  When I added up the calories for the entire pizza and divided by six slices, it came out to 173 calories per slice!  (We had two slices a piece.)

I also made a salad with iceburg lettuce, romaine lettuce, purple cauliflower, tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, mushrooms, green olives, and a little cheddar cheese.  I topped mine off with the Bolthouse Farms Honey Mustard Dressing- Only 45 calories in 2 Tbsp (SO GOOD)! 

The pizza and salad were both delicious, I would definitely make the pizza again.  Pizza is probably one of my worst cravings when I'm on a diet.  The more ways I can find to make Pizza healthier, the happier I'll be because I'll still be able to have some! 

Final Note:  Thank you to MLK and all that have faught against discriminations of any kind! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuffed Mushrooms and Grape Salad

Laptop is back up and running...

Pork Stir Fry with Brown Rice