Panko Breaded Shrimp Salad (Thumbs Down)

January 22, 2010

I went to the gym last night and this morning.  I did a total of 3 miles on the elliptical yesterday and 2 miles today, but I also did 10 minutes on the treadmill yesterday, and about 5 minutes on this strange machine today.  I don't even know what it was called but I felt my legs were swinging back and forth a million times a second.  Plus the machine wasn't quite wide enough, my legs kept brushing against the sides of the machine which made it a bit uncomfortable.  I got on the scale yesterday and it said that I had lost six pounds since January 11th when I started weighing myself!   :) 

The other night I made a salad with Panko breaded shrimp.  I had bought the frozen shrimp and forgot to take them out to defrost, so I coated them in egg and then in the panko.  I then baked them.  They were too small for my liking, and since the shrimp were already cooked, they shrunk way too much.  Plus when I was cutting the tails off, I was afraid I might have missed some because I was cutting frozen shrimp.  Next time, I will buy some fresh shrimp and try again :). 

Last night we had pizza that I have mentioned in a post earlier this week, again delicious!  And we had a fruit salad (oranges, fresh pineapple, mango, banana, green apple, and grapes) with some Low Fat Cottage Cheese. 

We watched Food Inc the other day as well.  Really made me think of where the food we eat is coming from... I wish I had the money to only buy organic, natural products. 

Good news!  I found the cord to my camera, so hopefully I can start posting pictures of recipes that I make!  :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuffed Mushrooms and Grape Salad

Laptop is back up and running...

Pork Stir Fry with Brown Rice