Spicy Pasta!

February 25, 2010

Got inspired to write in my food blog again, thanks to Debbie and Alex!  I can't believe its been about a month since I've posted.  Yes, I've been a slacker!  But I haven't been slacking on the diet.. maybe a little at the gym/exercising, but I haven't gone less than 3 times in a week, even when we went up North to my parents.  I've lost 19 lbs so far!!  :)  And Jarrod has lost 31 lbs!!!!  :) I'm so proud of my hubby!

I had a training this week on violence and aggression for work.  It was a great class, I was amazed by how much the trainer knew.  I wish I had this training back when I was working at the group home, but I'm sure that I will benefit in the new job as well.  Work's been very busy, lots of deadlines, and challenging.  But I enjoy it :).  Hopefully when I know more, I'll be able to keep up better!  I hate being the newbie and making the little mistakes.  But I've been told there will always be some mistakes in this job, you can't really help it. 

I started writing thank you notes from the wedding this week too!!!  I know, only took me how many months?  Hopefully I will finish them this weekend! :) 

Now, for the recipe part of the blog :).  Tonight, I took out Al Fresco's Buffalo Chicken Sausages and pretty much had no idea what I was going to make, so this is what I came up with...

SPICY PASTA

1 pkg (4 sausages) Al Fresco Buffalo Chicken Sausage
1 box Wheat Penne Pasta
3 cups fresh broccoli
2 cups fresh mushrooms
1.5 cups leftover chicken
2 cups fresh salsa (from Sams- delicious but spicy!)
1/2 cup leftover pizza sauce
1 cup grated parmesan


I fried the chicken sausage, added the mushrooms, and broccoli, covered, until broccoli was a bit tender, then added the pizza sauce and salsa, covered.  Added the leftover chicken.  Then when the pasta was done, mixed it all together with the parm.  It made a huge pot, so leftovers for us!!! :)

Comments

  1. Maybe if I stopped playing on farmville I would have time to Blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!! You and Jarrod keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stuffed Mushrooms and Grape Salad

Laptop is back up and running...

Pork Stir Fry with Brown Rice